- Please avoid wearing any lip or face makeup on the day of your appointment. It will have to be removed prior to injection.
- If you have an upcoming event or vacation, keep in mind it may take up to two weeks for complete healing.
- Refrain from Alcohol, Caffeine and Niacin supplements 24 to 48 hours prior to your treatment as it may affect bruising and swelling.
- Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or any other Fatty acids three days prior to treatment as it may affect bruising and bleeding.
- If you have a history of cold sores occurring more than 4 times per year, it is recommended to get pre-treated with medication prior to injection. Please consult with your primary care provider.
- If you develop a cold sore or blemish prior to treatment, it is recommended to reschedule until it heals.
- Do not touch, rub or press the treated area for six hours.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat for three days.
- Refrain from laying down for several hours.
- Do not submerge underwater (pools, hot tub, ocean etc.) for 24 hours.
- Avoid cosmetic procedures such as laser, peels, facials or microdermabrasion for two weeks after treatment.
- Lipstick or makeup should not be worn for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Immediately report any increased pain, swelling, redness, blisters, itching or blanched areas if they occur.
- Ice the treated area for 24 hours.
- Keep in mind some swelling is expected and one side may heal faster than another.